A Family of Employees
The HAKS culture is exemplified by a can-do attitude, enthusiasm in our endeavors, a belief that we create our own opportunities, respect for all people, and honesty and trust in all that we do. These values are the threads woven throughout the firm’s history and legacy that continue today.
Initially an MBE firm, HAKS is now a medium-sized consulting firm winning high-profile work. HAKS celebrates its family of employees from around the globe by sponsoring annual events such as the holiday party, company picnic, and take your child to work day. HAKS also gathers to recognize special days of the year such as the Muslim holiday of Eid, the Hindu festival of Diwali, the Chinese New Year, and the Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashanah).
Professional expertise, partnering with clients and stakeholders and a supportive work culture are applied to every project we undertake and to our daily interactions with each other. We are committed to fostering a healthy and challenging work environment that empowers our employees and helps them to thrive.
Corporate Responsibility in Action
Corporate responsibility is an integral component of HAKS’ core values and is practiced by the company as a whole and individually by its employees. It is reflected in such efforts as giving deserving students the boost they need to become future engineers and architects, sponsoring community events that celebrate our diverse heritage, mentoring M/W/DBE firms so they can benefit from our experience, and bringing science and technology into the lives of public school students. Some of our recent and ongoing activities are:
- Mentoring NYC high school students under the ACE Mentor Program
- Participating in the PENCIL partnership with neighborhood public schools
- Partnering with P.S.79Q to host an Engineering Fair
- Serving as a Corporate Partner for Women’s Transportation Seminar
- Holding annual Summer Internship Program
- Sponsoring industry events and scholarships for groups such as Professional Women in Construction, American Council of Engineering Companies, American Society of Civil Engineers, the South Asian American Association, Inc., the Society of American Military Engineers, the Society of Indo American Engineers and Architects, the New York Water Environment Association and the Municipal Engineers of the City of New York
- Taking part in the New York City Department of Transportation’s Adopt-a-Highway program
- Conducting a yearly mentoring program for M/W/DBE firms
- Serving on the boards of professional societies
We give back as individuals and as a firm. There’s still more to do.